Subject: [Leica] The cheapest all-weather casing
From: "Johnny Deadman" <deadman@jukebox.demon.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 1999 19:58:00 +0100

> When it's _really_ raining over here (as opposed to a normal 'soft day'),
> my Leicas stay at home and my Nikonos is in its element! I've used it far
> more as the ultimate foul weather camera than for underwater photography.
> It's also a great beach camera. No worries about sand - just wash it off
> under a tap. Try that with an M3........... :-)

Why are people so fussy about photographing in rain? It's GREAT. If you are
worried, the perfect guard for your camera is a free plastic shopping bag.
Unscrew your filter, place the bag over the camera, then screw the filter
back in. This will chop out a perfect hole. Remove the filter, take out the
now redundant bit of bag, screw in the filter, securing the bag once more,
and GO GO GO. You can do something similar at the back for the viewfinder. A
bit of gaffer tape will improve matters even more.

Nikonos, pshaw.

- --
Johnny Deadman

"The writer who writes a good book while sitting in torn breeches should
first mend his breeches" - Montaigne