Subject: Re: [Leica] Recomemdations for M6 Camera Tripod
From: Nathan Wajsman <nathan.wajsman@euronet.be>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 1999 18:27:30 +0200

Hi DT,

I realise that these small tripods are not ideal, and I have a heavy Manfrotto
(Bogen) tripod for serious use. But I was assuming that the original poster was
looking for one of the tiny ones to carry everywhere. And I do agree that
sometimes the tabletop one can be better, but in most cases I have found the
little Gitzo more useful.

Nathan

InfinityDT@aol.com wrote:

> I have a Gitzo 026 which is the "baby" tripod with the adjustable leg angles.
>  You have to get down on your knees to use it unless you extend the 2-piece
> telescoping center column, and then it's like a monopod screwed to a short
> tripod (vibration-prone).  I've got a little eye-bolt screwed into the
> underneath of the column to hang my camera bag on.  This helps a bit.
> Unfortunately, if there's tall weeds or a fence it's still not tall enough.
> Sometimes the table-tripod is better, if you can find an upright column (like
> a light pole or tree) to lean it against sideways.  I shot the Eiffel Tower
> at night with the M6 and a 50mm on a table pod pressed against the side of a
> lamp post and they were tack-sharp.

- --
Nathan Wajsman
Overijse, Belgium