Subject: Re: [Leica] What I did today
From: "Anthony Atkielski" <anthony@atkielski.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 1999 17:51:47 +0200

From: B. D. Colen <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Sent: Monday, September 20, 1999 11:45

> Why don't you try reading, and thinking about, what other
> people write before you respond.

That's exactly what I did, and that's why I asked the question.

> Nathan didn't say that photography is a form of child
> abuse and you know it. He did say that people's fears
> have been heightened.

I know, and I fail to see the connection between their fears and ordinary
photography, and he failed to explain it.

> No, Anthony. But just as the person who crosses the street
> against the light doesn't "deserve" to be hit ...

People are hit under such conditions because it is physically impossible to stop
cars in time to spare them.  This is very different from very deliberately
hitting someone with a fist--no law of physics requires that.

> ... so the photographer who photographs people for no valid
> reason against their objection ought to know that he or she
> may well face what is of course illegal physical assault.

It's unfortunate that so many violent people are out there.  I personally can't
understand why having one's picture taken in public would move anyone to such
irrational behavior.

  -- Anthony