Subject: [Leica] LED Display and Street shooting
From: "Joseph E. Hayes" <jeh50@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 1999 08:39:19 -0700

First, I would like to thank all those who provided their insight to my
problem.  After having done all the things suggested, and the display
still not functioning, I called Leica in NJ and asked them as well...

According to the person I spoke with, there is a wire in the metering
system which can either break or come loose...and if it does, disables
the metering system.

I think it was Anthony who said it was a solid state system and
shouldn't burn out...I guess tiny wires don't know that...

But again thanks for all the advice...

As for street shooting...my experiences are that most people are okay
with it (if they know and/or care to pay attention.)  I have come across
several characters who put their hand out for a "donation" in order to
snap the shutter...In one instance, it was a small boy on the US-Mexico
border crossing at Tijuana...he refused to allow me to take his image
without paying...kept hiding his face...I finally got the photo by
setting the lens on infinity and holding the camera at my hip...

Joe Hayes