Subject: Re: RE: [Leica] Re:Ask?
From: Ruralmopics@aol.com
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 1999 11:15:06 EDT

I was a daily newspaper photographer for about four years. I worked in a
couple of different small towns where a lot of days the only thing happening
was a kid swinging on a swing. Part of my job was to make "wild art" -- or a
feature picture for page 1 -- every day. When photographing adults I often
shot first and introduced myself later so as not to spoil the moment. When
photographing kids I usually tried to get permission first. Many of times I
walked right past the kids doing whatever they were doing and went up and
knocked on a door to find an adult and explain what I was doing before
turning my attention to the children. In those four years I only had one
parent decline permission. In that case, he did express concern about
abductions. Not surprising so few considered it since, even in America,
stranger abductions are actually quite rare (who knows that guy may have been
involved in a custody dispute himself).

Bob McEowen