Subject: Re: [Leica] QA/QC
From: chefurka@sympatico.ca (Paul Chefurka)
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 1999 03:21:28 GMT

On Sat, 18 Sep 1999 23:41:48 +0200, Anthony Atkielski
<anthony@atkielski.com> wrote:

> [...]
Very, very few from what I gather after reading this list for a year
or more.  There was a batch of bad pressure plates that made it into a
few cameras a while ago, and some instances of RF misalignment, but
apparently the QC is sufficiently high for even a luxury product.
Firm numbers are impossible to come by, because no company is going to
publish their RMA figures, and outside of that all evidence is
hearsay.

IIRC, you have proven that your meter is functioning correctly, and
that the problem is likely located about 4 inches behind the
viewfinder.  So why are you all wobbly about the potential lack of QC
at Leica?

Paul Chefurka