Subject: Re: [Leica] Eye relief on M cameras
From: chefurka@sympatico.ca (Paul Chefurka)
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 1999 19:19:36 GMT

On Sat, 18 Sep 1999 12:18:52 -0400 (EDT), Ruralmopics@aol.com wrote:

> But it
>also implies that the 90m frame would be no larger in a M2/M4/M4-2, right? So
>if I want a bigger 90mm view I have to go with an M3?

That's exactly right.  My M4 and M6 have exactly the same size frames.
For using a 90 nothing beats an M3.  Not only is the view much larger,
but the frame lines show the entire image outline, with full sides and
corners.  It's a real treat to use.

>One more question . . . the high magnification M6 (.85?), is it a M3 type
>with a 35mm crammed in or is it a different animal altogether -- something in
>between a M3 and a M2/M4/M4-2/M4-P/M6?

It's in between.  The M3 magnification is .91 or .92, the M6HM is .85,
the others are .72.

Paul Chefurka