Subject: Re: [Leica] 50mm Summilux vs Noctilux
From: jsaravia@zeus.uniandes.edu.co
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 1999 12:20:54 -0500 (GMT+5)

At 07:20 AM 18/09/1999 -0400, you wrote:
>Aside from the big size and cost difference, I'm trying to decide if the
>Noctilux is a better lens for my style of photography over the Summilux.
>I love the idea of being able to use the Noctilux in near darkness. I've
>missed many photo opportunities in the past when I'm caught without a
>flash. There is no doubt about the qualities of the Noctilux in the
>dark, but how does it compare to the Summilux when taking pictures
>outdoors during the daylight hours? I am looking for that perfect lens
>that I can leave on my M6 for maybe 95 percent of the time. Opinions on
>either of these lens would be greatly appreciated.

 I can´t compare the Noctilux  with the summilux, but I am quite pleased
with the results when I have used it in daylight and with  F stop other than
f/1.0. One of my favorite combination is M6 (0.72x) + Noctilux + M6 Grip +
ASA 400. For me the 0.72 has an advantage, I can use the view finder like a
"high-eye-point" view finder, I have never had a problem focusing the lens
at F1.0.

Check this web site: http://www.imx.nl/photosite/leica/leicahome.html
This is the Erwin´s leica page.

J.Saravia