Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Staged Photo's (ie Iwo Jima)
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 1999 17:12:46 -0500

At 12:44 PM 9/15/99 -0400, Paul Schiemer wrote:
>To twist it in that way is reprehensible
>(I'm embarrassed, not for myself, but for those that became so inflamed).

Some of us who were inflamed meant nothing in the line of your statement
being a criticism of the Marines. I was a bit mystified by that, except in
the sense that Rosenthal was travelling with them as a journalist for the
AP. And your use of the dictionary meaning of the word staged only goes to
prove that the word does mean an unethical manipulation by the
photographer, which didn't happen, as we all now know.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO

http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

"A lot of people face adversity by asking, "How would
Jesus have dealt with this?" But that doesn't help me
much, because I doubt Jesus ever had bad credit."