Subject: : Re: [Leica] Leica US's B.S.
From: "David Strang" <dstrang@up.net>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 1999 22:26:04 -0400

Date: Wed, 15 Sep 1999 03:58 +0100 (BST)
From: dmorton@journalist.co.uk (David Morton)

Bill Erfurth wrote:

> At this point, I am fairly well convinced that Leica
> Camera, AG (Solms) does not know all of the crap that
> goes on at Leica USA in New Jersey.

I've had good dealings so far with Leica NJ. They are rather over loaded or
under staffed right now. I requested the Pro Service Application and had it show
up 3-4 days later. I was given Carol Kilduff's number (ext 219) number and she
was very friendly and helpful.

I had sent in a 180f2 for some service which was originally specked at 6 weeks
to perform. With Carol's input it was turned into 3 weeks. I called today and
spoke to Brenda and she said it had been completed and the lens was scheduled to
be shipped today. I should see it Friday (hopefull). So it was even under 3
weeks. Now, they just received my R8 and winder yesterday. I will be interested
in seeing how long this repair takes. My hunch is the service department is kept
busy making the R8 fixes.

My first impressions are very good. They are indeed responsive and considerate.

I was a previous Canon and Nikon Pro Service member. Nikon sucked. Canon was
fabulous, I can't say enough about the CPS program and its people. I remember
getting Christmas cards, unique tags and patches. Repairs were done quickly and
done well. There was always someone available to help or answer questions. Leica
seems a lot like Canon in this regard.

Give them a chance.

Dave Strang
dstrang@up.net

- ----Pentium Pro/Windows NT 4-SP3/Zip100/Zip250/Jaz2GB/Astra 600S scanner/RedHat
Linux 5.0/MSVC++ 5.0/MSVC++ 6.0/PowerStation Fortran 4.0/Photoshop
4.01/Photoshop 5.0/Illustrator 7.01/KPT 3.0/KPT 5.0/PhotoTools 3.0/Portfolio
4.0/Total XAOS/Matlab 5.0/Maple V/Office 97 Pro+SR2/MacOpener 4.0/AMIGA
1000/AMIGA 2000-GVP030 Combo/AMIGA 3000(2)/Indigo 2 XZ/IRIX 5.3/IRIX 6.2/ and
member of UP.NET!