Subject: Re: [Leica] re: Leica M - small and compact?? thoughts (long)
From: Godfrey DiGiorgi <ramarren@bayarea.net>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 1999 10:44:07 -0700 (PDT)

>(And I wish Leica were listening.)

I agree, that's why I bought one just recently. It's a camera which is
only 30% larger than my beloved Rollei 35S and gives me the benefit of TTL
metering, rangefinder and interchangeable lenses.

I wish that Leica had pursued the CL camera concept further. A CL with the
Leica M6 TTL metering system, an improved film take up spool, and a bit
more quality control, fit and finish would be an instant buy for me.

Minolta's CLE did take the concept further and produced almost exactly
that (with the addition of aperture priority AE operation and electronic
shutter), but Minolta then abandoned it all too swiftly. I didn't buy a
CLE because my inquiry into service and parts indicated that it wasn't
going to be easy to deal with if anything at all broke. At least with the
Leica CL, most parts are still available.

Godfrey