Subject: [Leica] Scared of 21mm
From: Ruralmopics@aol.com
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 1999 07:57:39 EDT

Well, not scared, really, but . . .

Anyway, in my SLR experience I've pretty much adopted the 24mm as my normal
lens. I do carry a 35mm but don't use it a whole lot. We also have 20mm at
work but I find it too wide for most situations. So, Leica-wise, I've got a
M4-p coming and I bought a 35mm f2 as my first lens (taking my own advice to
new photographers because I consider myself new at this Leica thing). But I'm
wondering about the wide angle specifically 24mm vs 21mm. I'm thinking I want
a 24mm but the 21mm has been the Leica standard for so many years. Is there
any reason to expect I would like the Leica 21mm better than the Nikon 20mm.
Wouldn't they be pretty similar. Also, I know you can't view these wide
angles through the viewfinders but does the focus link up?