Subject: RE: [Leica] General Nguyen Ngoc Loan (Was: :E. Adams & Vietnam Photo)
From: D Khong <dkhong@pacific.net.sg>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 1999 19:33:12 +0000

>And of course, I was one of those boat people.
>
>- Phong

I missed that part of phong's post. Sadly, in the late 70s, droves of
Vietnamese  refugees departed Vietnam in waves and droves. They would
abandon their creaky unseaworthy boats, even sink them so that they would
not be driven out to sea again when they arrived at their destination.  En
route, it was a risky journey with pirates attacking them, raping their
women, shooting their men and drowning their infants.

For those who want to know more about the pulse of the Vietnamese people, I
think there is a very moving movie, "Heaven and Earth" starring Tommy Lee
Jones. It's a long movie but very much worth watching.

Dan K.

   The pursuit of wealth is ultimately futile.  A shroud has no pockets.