Subject: Re: [Leica] ....M vs R's...
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 1999 02:26:56 -0700

claire wrote:

> Dear Mark,
> U wrote ......
>
> >Also I think a key to Singh's look technically speaking is his use of
> Kodachrome 25.
>
> I don't understand.... could U please elaborate ? Thanks....
>
> >And I played with their new Voigtlander which is like a Holga with and
> >Aspheric lens. My wife and I will both be getting one.
>
> I envy U and envy U, why why two two ? I heard its got only 2 lenses , is
> that true ? How much does it it cost cost ?
>
> TMLee

Because if it's her camera she's going to shoot color and she's not going to
appreciate it if I borrow it and stick Tri x in it. It so far has 2 lenses of
its own but as it is a Leica Screw mount it can take any Leica screw mount lens.
And It's cheap enough to get two if I catch your double meaning which I suspect
I don't.

Kodachrome 25 is a real purists slide film which is a long story but it can't
just be processed anywhere in two hours but must be sent out. But it's looking
like a 24 hour deal now here in Portland Oregon which means the outlook has
improved on that. Lots of people here on the Lug have given it up for dead. It
has a smooth look that I like and I think is still the highest resolution film
still around. The old fashioned color I like. In 1970 I shot a brick of it's
precursor Kodachrome II all around Bavaria and Northern Italy. It was also rated
at ASA 25 often now thought of I think as too slow to live.
Mark vs Rabiner