Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: E.Adams & Vietnam Photo
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 1999 23:04:31 -0700

I am using the term "restanged" and it is a very poor choice of a term. As it
was just clearly explained in an extensive quote from an article and was similar
to what I had read if not the same the soldiers were sent back up the hill again
with a photographer.

I thought of that from the photographers point of view as a second chance to get
the shot.
So I used the term restaged which really is incorrect and has quite an
inflammatory effect.
My apologies for this fuzzy thinking.

I think of the soldiers raising the flag for the photographer but it was for the
soldiers to see on the other side of the island.
Mark Rabiner