Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: comparison of Hologon and Heliar lenses
From: Godfrey DiGiorgi <ramarren@bayarea.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 1999 22:08:34 -0700

>> It certainly warrants more than this casual test. I can see that there is
>> cause to add another series of images taken with the Hologon fitted with
>> the ND filter and the Heliar set at f/16. At the next available
>> opportunity... :)
>
>I am quite keen to view the next round of your Heliar vs Hologon
>+ filter tests, however I don't believe that stopping down the
>Heliar to f16 would lead to a fair comparison.

I'm interested to see both how the Hologon does with the filter in place
and how the Heliar performs at f/8 vs f/16 by comparison, so I'll likely
do a sequence with all three.

I know that diffraction losses will matter with that small an aperture on
the Heliar, I'm just curious how much they'll matter. It's not every lens
that you get well past the diffraction limit like this. :)

Godfrey