Subject: Re: [Leica] Re:E. Adams & Vietnam Photo
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 1999 23:30:00 -0500

At 06:36 PM 9/14/99 -0400, Ruralmopics@aol.com wrote:
>I met him a bunch of years ago. He was judging some photo contest (Military
>Photographer of the Year maybe) at my college. He got in quite a run in with
>Ken Kobre, the head of the program at the time over some photo. It was
>actually pretty entertaining to watch. Eric would probably understand what I
>mean . . .

Oh yeah. Ken Kobre was the photojournalism professor I was talking about
who has the Iwo Jima photo autographed by Joe Rosenthal. He was my first PJ
teacher at Mizzou. This is a profession of passion. We sure don't do it for
the money. :-)

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO

http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

Common sense is that layer of prejudices laid down in the mind prior to the
age of eighteen. - Albert Einstein