Subject: [Leica] R-135 F2.8
From: "Jason Hall" <JASON@jbhall.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 1999 00:22:50 +0100

Wilbur asked:

>Does anyone have any experience with the 135 F2.8 for the R. I want
>something between the 90/100 and 180 and Leica stopped   making this
>lens. anyone know why other than maybe the 100  took sales away or was
>it less than stellar in it's performance.
>Cheers Wilber

Wilbur

I've just bought one (a 3 cam #3045XXX) and IMHO its a great lens, it is
quite large and heavy for the focal length tho.  Judging from the humble
shots I've taken with it and tests that I've read, I don't think there's any
problem with the performance.

I suspect the popularity of this lens suffers for the very reason that you
want one, its an in between, maybe a bit long for portraits and not long
enough for sports/wildlife.  When I bought it I was toying with the idea of
going for a 90 instead, in retrospect I think the 90 would have been a more
useful lens for me but I gather you already have one.  If you can use the
focal length I don't think you'd regret buying one.

Jason

This is just my opinion, if anyone disagrees please don't send me down in
flames I have a sensitive disposition.