Subject: Re: [Leica] Re:E. Adams & Vietnam Photo
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 1999 12:43:40 -0700

"Greg.Chappell" wrote:

> I believe I saw where LIFE interviewed that officer just in the last 5 or so
> years. He actually lives in the United States now. Think Eric is right about
> the circumstances.

I'ts an amazing story the way things work out. Adams wins a Pulitzer for
documenting Loan exacuting this guy and then goes off into the Sunset with him.
Redemption? Forgiveness? A heck of a story whatever it is. The unexpected ways
life always turns out. Nobody has asked the opinion of the guy with the bullet
in the head. His possiblities for redemption or a change of opinion or lifestyle
ended in an instant. His last.
Mark Rabiner