Subject: Re: [Leica] Re:E. Adams & Vietnam Photo
From: Harrison McClary <harrison@mcclary.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 1999 10:03:46 -0500

On 9/14/99 8:46 AM ewelch@ponyexpress.net wrote

>Second of all, doesn't this question (which is why I'm probably reacting to
>it in such a manner) call into question Eddie Adams' integrity? He said it,
>he won a Pulitzer. It's his picture. Period. Ninety-nine percent of the
>photojournalists out there working on that level are trustworthy on such a
>topic.
>
>Or for that matter the credibility, and competence, of editors at AP and
>the Pulitzer judges?

Good point Eric....I have been thinkiing the same thing but have gotten
tired of arguing constantly with people who think we are all unethical
SOBs....most news photographers have  very strong ethical convictions
concerning their work.

On a different note I was talking to a very good friend of mine in
Houston (he is also a photographer) just a few minutes ago and he
mentioned that his assistant worked with Eddie Adams last week.  Said his
assistant was a little dissapointed as most "big name" photographers
travel with a big entorge and a big set up of lights....Eddie showed up
just himself, one case of lights and one case for camera gear...travels
very light.  Said he was a supper nice fellow and good to work with.

Harrison McClary
email: harrison@mcclary.net
http://www.mcclary.net
preview my book: http://www.volmania.com