Subject: Re: [Leica] Beauty of the digital darkroom [GIMP]
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 1999 08:15:17 -0500

At 09:24 PM 9/10/99 -0700, Alexey Merz wrote:

>Eric? you see the fallacy in your argument? Yes? Good.

Graphics houses don't use cameras. They use computers, loupes etc. Their
clients use cameras, by they don't determine what those clients use.

And all you mentioned? (Quoting me?) Yes. Many professionals use Leica.
Photo District News did a survey of what cameras professionals use. Leica
was third behind Nikon and Canon with about 14 percent.

Your comparison has nothing to do with my Photoshop point. A more accurate
comparison would be how many professionals who use rangefinders use Leica?
Leica is the king of rangefinders (to this point anyway), like Photoshop is
kind of photo manipulation programs on computers. There are exceptions, but
they are too few to count. There is no competition for Photoshop in reality
at this point. There is no competition for Leica rangefinders, at this point.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO

http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

Be nice to people on your way up because you'll need them on your way down.
- -W. Migner