Subject: Re: [Leica] Egypt photography
From: "TSL" <eno22@enter.net>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 1999 20:18:06 -0400

> Hello,
>
> I am going into a trip thrugh Egypt in two weeks and I would like to
> know if any lugger has photographic experiences there. My main
> doubts are :
>
> 1.- To take Leica M or R. Which will be more suitable ??
> 2.- How to avoid haze produced by the hot climate. Is a U.V filter
> enough ?? Or is better a polarizer ??
> 3.- A 28 mm lens will be enough to take photographs of pyramids
> and local architecture ?? I don't have a 24mm nor 21mm. Maybe I
> can buy one of the Voigtlander lenses for the trip. Anyone has the
> 24mm Skopar ??
>
> Please, let me know your opinions.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Xavier Planellas
> Barcelona(SPAIN)

Hard to say.  Maybe consider the R if you've got a telephoto.  A 28 I think
is perfect.  How about a 28 and a 180?  Cuts down on the decisions!  The
important thing to realize is the benefit of light.  I wouldn't bring a
tripod.  The light is different and you'll notice that 2.8 is open enough
for most cases. I'd opt for one system here.  But  Cairo may be foggy!
Bring the Noctilux to cut through the dust!