Subject: [Leica] Re: the recent unpleasantness
From: Guy Bennett <guybnt@idt.net>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 1999 11:07:22 -0800

folks,

this 'm7 at photokina' thread threatens to become one of the nastier, more
flammable threads we have seen in recent times. against my better judgement
not to participate in such threads, for fear of prolonging them
unnecessarily, i'd just like to suggest that, should we wish to continue
the discussion, we attempt to do so with a little civility. it serves no
one when people we know and respect are insulted and belittled in this way.
we don't learn anything about the subject at hand (the future of the m
line) - we just get to see a side of those people that would be better left
unexposed. i have visited stephen gandy's informative sight many times and
believe it has a lot to offer regarding all aspects of 'classic' cameras. i
have also learned a lot from mark rabiner's knoweldgeable posts and enjoyed
his wonderful sense of humor. let's not make an unpleasant situation any
more so. if we have anything further to say about the recent m7 speculation
- - and that does not include name calling and accusations since strictly
speaking these have nothing to do with it - let's do so intelligently and
civilly. if we don't, let's just drop it.

guy