Subject: Re: [Leica] About Jean l.Sieff
From: Guy Bennett <guybnt@idt.net>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 1999 09:15:58 -0800

>Hi dear luggers
>
>Last week I was reading about Jean L. Sieff and they were telling that he
>always use old leicas and old N****, do anybody knows what leicas and lenses
>he use to work with? Do you know any web with this kind of information ?

hello christian,

while i don't have an exhaustive list of j.l. sieff's camera equipment, i
do know that he frequently used an m4 with a 21mm lens - even for portraits
and fashion shots. there is a great book of his work called: 'jean loup
sieff: 40 years of photography'. it is available at an incredible price:
$39. (originally more than $100.). there are hundreds of reproductions,
beautifully printed, and one longish interview/text introducing the
photographs from each successive decade. the one  problem being the more or
less awful english translations of the french texts accompanying the photos.

check it out if you're curious about his work.

you won't be disappointed.

guy