Subject: Re: [Leica] New Leica M6 brochure
From: Jim Bauman <jbauman@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 1999 19:09:39 -0700

InfinityDT@aol.com wrote:

> I'll wager 1/2 of American people will think it's Charles Manson and the
> other 1/2 Jim Morrison.  If Leica wanted a BW photograph with media-icon
> status they could've used Eisenstaedt's sailor-kissing-nurse, or the
> Vietnam-era Pulitzer shot of the prisoner being shot in the head

WOW! I'll bet Leica's glad you're not in their PR department!! I can see it
now ... Eugene Smith's pic of the Marine and the baby, and the Eddie Adams
pic of the execution in Saigon. And the cutline: "Leica. There at the
beginning. There at the end."  Truth in advertising? Naaaa....

Jim Bauman
Just there.