Subject: Re: [Leica] Commemorative issue CL?
From: InfinityDT@aol.com
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 1999 18:53:43 EDT

In a message dated 9/12/99 4:37:24 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
rpjohnson2@home.com writes:

<< The URL below is to a CL listed on Ebay.  The seller describes this as
 "believed to be  one of the 1972 Munich Olympic Edition commemorative
 Cameras."  I asked the seller by email if there were any distinguishing
 marks and he replied that there are none.  This raises the interesting point
 that if there are no marks, then why would it be believed to be a
 commemorative issue?  >>

I have an "Elvis Memorial Edition"  M4-2 from 1977 which has no
distinguishing markings either except for a bunch of rub marks where the zinc
is showing through and a couple of dings here and there.  Think I could get 5
figures for it on E-Bay?

The only commemorative CL listed anywhere is the 50JAHRE from 1975 and it is
quite prominently marked.