Subject: Re: [Leica] New Leica M6 brochure
From: "Art Sala" <artsala@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 1999 00:25:15 -0700

InfinityDT@aol.com wrote:

> I'll wager 1/2 of American people will think it's Charles Manson and the
> other 1/2 Jim Morrison.  If Leica wanted a BW photograph with media-icon
> status they could've used Eisenstaedt's sailor-kissing-nurse, or the
> Vietnam-era Pulitzer shot of the prisoner being shot in the head (not
sure if
> that was taken with a Leica or not).

- ----------

I'll take the bet (say, an M6? ;-) ).  More people know who Che was than
you think!  And of late, a resurgence in popularity and interest.

I think the image of Che works well with Leica's "revolution" campaign.  If
you're new to Leica, and happen to be looking at this brochure, chances are
you don't even know who HCB and family is yet.  But Leica assures you'll
soon learn...then you become interested...then you become obsessed with M
cameras and lenses...then LUG!  A hopeless, out-of -control downward spiral
!

Cheers,
Arturo