Subject: Re: [Leica] depth of field..depth of focus?
From: Henry Ambrose <digphoto@nashville.net>
Date: Sat, 11 Sep 1999 16:27:34 -0600

>  Wouldn't it be easier or at
>least more visually  understanding if "shallow depth of focus" were used?
>Isn't that what it's really all about..the "depth of in and out of focus?"
>What think you folks?  The student is waiting, because I told him I'd
>present his question to the worlds "great photo minds for an answer!" :)
>
>ted

I like the idea of using "depth of focus". It more clearly describes what
you're trying to convey - the control of the area that is in focus.

Seems like a good idea to me for you to coin this use of "depth of focus"
as your own teaching tool. I think I'll use it too.
I'm sure others will disagree.

Henry Ambrose