Subject: [Leica] Re: Leica Users digest V11 #54
From: "John Niemann" <jniemann@ivy.tec.in.us>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 1999 09:56:12 -0500

Regarding the digital darkroom discussion, I think it is best to this of the traditional darkroom, and the computer as two seperate means of producing images.
I read somewhere that back in 1839 when Daguerreotypemania sweept the land painter Paul Delaroche pronounced "painting as dead." (with the advent of course of the daguerreotype).  We know that this wasn't the case and isn't true.  Painting and the daguerreotype (Photography) are two different means of expression.

Also, video hasn't replaced Super 8mm, 16mm, 35 and 70mm film.  While the camcorder has put a dent in the 8 mm film cameras and film production, it hasn't replaced film making entirely.

So I think tradition photography will be around even with the proliferation of digitial.

John