Subject: [Leica] Re: glass plate negs
From: "prs" <schiemer@magicnet.net>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 1999 10:35:09 -0400

someone wrote:
> Besides, Leica doesn't have to worry about its place in history. It will
> always be known as the camera that created the profession of
> photojournalism. Other cameras were there, but Leica gave us the freedom to
> create the kinds of pictures we value the most. Candid slices of real life.

Photojournalism was around long before Leica. It was 'created' when the
first photograph appeared in a publication.
When Leica was introduced to photojournalism (years and years later) it may
have heralded a new chapter in convenience and productivity for the
profession.  After all, it's a miniature format camera.
There are many, many 'valued' photographs, including but not limited to
candid shots of 'real life', that appeared in print BL (before Leica).