Subject: [Leica] Projection questions
From: moorea@andovercontrols.com
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 1999 10:25:54 -0400

I've been asked to shoot some slides to show at a company picnic this
December.  I'll probably end up handling the projection myself.  This
means I need to look into renting a projector and screen, or maybe
finally buying them (I've been putting it off for a couple years now
and maybe this is the time to do it).

If I buy, I need a projector system that will suffice for my annual
family slide show (in a roughly 16 x 16 foot room), and that will also
cover the company show (and future ones), which I imagine will be in
a much larger hall.

I ask the LUG the usual newbie questions:

What projector?
What lens?
How much wattage?
What's a reliable projector?
How big a screen?
Can I easily do nice dissolves or fades,
  or does that require multiple projectors, fancy equipment and
  lots of money that I should really be spending on that nice new
  Leica wide-angle (24 or 28) lens that I want?

The projector doesn't have to be a Leica.