Subject: Re: [Leica] now tools...
From: InfinityDT@aol.com
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 1999 18:20:37 EDT

The Leica of tools is Snap-On...expensive, exquisite, precision to the nth
degree and made to work hard and last a lifetime.  My father had a set of
Snap-On socket wrenches and after more than 50 years of hard use the sockets
were not gored anywhere and the ratchet worked like new...but the parts were
still available to rebuild it if it had failed.  If someone hadn't helped
themselves to the set I'd have it today.  My own set dates back to the early
70's...my friends all thought I was crazy to spend that much, especially
because I wasn't a "professional".   "Buy Sears Craftsman" they said.
Craftsman is the Nikon of tools.  Tough, gets the job done maybe just as
well, but it just doesn't feel quite the same.  The Snap-Ons made me *feel*
like a master, and the attitude boost helped the results.  The same is true
of the Leica, for me.  So does the tool make a difference?  I think it does.

DT