Subject: [Leica] Messages
From: "Elliot M. Puritz, MD" <drpuritz@li.net>
Date: Wed, 08 Sep 1999 18:40:15 -0400

Friends:  Wonder if the time might have come to separate the Leica Luggers
list into more then one category as has been done with several of the
medical lists I am on.  The number ofmessages has become prodigious, and
although most of such missives are interesting and fun, some are not...at
least to me.  Of course, what is of interest to one, might not be of interest
to another.  Hence, a suggestion:

Separate the Leica-users messages into "Leicachat" which would dwell on
the personal, non technical end of Leica matters such as the death of Lady
Diana, the height of various photographers, etc. , "leicatech" or something
similar which would dwell on the technical end of Leica matters including
lenses, exposure metering, etc. and "leicalab" which might deal with
dark-room subjects such as various developers, digital matters,etc.  In
such manner  Luggers would have the opportunity to segregate messages
into groups that are of interest.  Alternately, one might subscribe to the
"Leica" headings that are of interest, but not subscribe to messages that
relate to Leica-but are of no interest.  Note that I am not at all being
critical of content, just the way such content might be organized.  I realize
that there might be endless debate about various categories, i.e., where to
put LTM matters, etc., but I suspect that such broad divsions as I have
posited, or something similar, might serve.

Perhaps the list manager might monitor the feeling(s) of our devoted
group, and consider my suggestion(s) based upon the wishes of other
Luggers.

Elliot