Subject: was Re: [Leica] lenses/now a battle of egos
From: Gary Elshaw <gary.elshaw@vuw.ac.nz>
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 1999 09:21:49 +1200

Hi All,

In a message dated 09/06/1999 5:23:10 PM Central Daylight Time,
msmall@roanoke.infi.net writes:

  "Sorry.  In the US military, "maintenance" includes "procurement".  Should
  have made that clear -- thought you would have known that.  Used to teach
  industrial procurement to C&GS students, in fact."

Don replied: "So!" <No Snip>

Sheesh guys! I haven't seen such a manic and puerile display of a
chest beating, pissing contest for a long time. It's a very big sand
pit, and we each have plastic spades manufactured to very high
tolerances.

Running and ducking for cover..., but i still say your mother's dress
you funny.
Gary

"The difficulty now is that unexceptional adults believe the loss of youthful
dreaming is itself "growing up," as though adulthood were the passive
conclusion to a doomed activity and hope during adolescence."

                 'The Uses of Disorder: Personal Identity and City Life'
                                             -- Richard Sennett
OO
[_]<|
  /|\