Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica vs. Hasselblad (was Leica and Hasselblad)
From: dmorton@journalist.co.uk (David Morton)
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 1999 19:01 +0100 (BST)

Eric wrote:

> And have you been
> ignoring Leica saying they're not going to pursue the "camera as
> jewelry" crowd only in the future?

Some of us were discussing this after the Solms factory visit, where I'd
seen my first Brunei-Special Leica with the diamond embedded in the top.

After meeting some of the Leica folk - and seeing how much they loved
photography - we decided that the most extreme versions of these specials
were actually dreamed up after the Leica Xmas booze-up.

Imagine a load of Leica-folk sitting in the bar - wrapped around *way* too
much German beer - saying things like "hey, let's be *REALLY* silly, let's
suggest sticking a diamond in the top and covering it in a really
*horrible* coloured leather! Surely no-one will be dumb enough to buy
that?"

:-)