Subject: Re: [Leica] Homophobic leicaphiles and non offensive joke!
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Tue, 07 Sep 1999 10:13:56 -0500

At 04:55 PM 9/7/99 +1000, A.H.SCHMIDT wrote:
>Martin,  why don't you put your money where your mouth is, and tell me on joke
>or a funny story which is not to the detriment or makes fun of another person.

I know a fowl joke...

See there was this parrot. It had quite the filthy mouth.

His owner was a person of high moral standing (that's not making fun of him
in this circle is it? It would be in some...) who didn't like swearing.

One day the parrot got mad and let out a long string of bad words. The guy
decided to punish him. So he grabbed the parrot and put him in a cupboard.
The bird make an awful ruckus (noise and pounding) and kept it going for hours.

The man pulled the parrot out, shook the bird and shouted, "Now will you
clean it up?"

The parrot let go with such a long streak of ugly, terrible words that the
air in the room turned blue! So the man had had enough. He threw the parrot
in the freezer. The parrot again made a terrible fuss. But all of a sudden,
it got very quiet in the freezer. Not a peep for some time.

The man got worried, maybe he'd been too harsh in the punishment and the
parrot was dead? So he opened up the freezer and out stepped the parrot
onto his arm. The bird made its way up his arm to his shoulder and said:
"I'm really sorry for the way I've been acting. I'll clean up my language
and you'll be happy to keep me around."

The man was stunned. He had to sit down and think about it. As he was
walking into the other room, the parrot turned to him and said, "By the
way. What did the chicken do?"

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO

http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

We are born naked, wet and hungry. Then things get worse.