Subject: Re: [Leica] Current Events
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Mon, 06 Sep 1999 22:31:02 -0500

At 01:45 PM 9/6/99 -0700, you wrote:
>I can't picture anything stopping a press photographer shooting a photo of one
>of the most famous people on the planet dying right in front of them
>especially
>after they risked their own lives to make sure this person never left
>their sight.

Very good point. We should never edit in the field. Doesn't mean we should
use the photos without a lot of thought at a calmer moment. But don't edit.
You can't go back and shoot what isn't there any more.

If those photographers were to blame in any way, you can bet the court
would have nailed them. A drunk driver killed them. Their own driver in
this case. To blame anyone else is to ignore that fact and make excuses for
what was the real cause.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO

http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

    My best work is often almost unconscious and occurs ahead of my ability
to understand it. -Sam Abell; "Stay This Moment"