Subject: Re: [Leica] Grain creep
From: Dave Yoder <leica@home.com>
Date: Sun, 05 Sep 1999 18:51:57 -0700

I've shot and tested a couple rolls of the Provia 100F, but it was
developed in our old Wing-Lynch, which is being replaced this week with a
Noritsu.

That which was tested in the old machine, which has much more agitation in
a drum with much less chemistry than the Noritsu (two elements the visiting
Fuji reps said were critical problems with the post RDP E-6 films) was
pretty darn nice. considerably less grain than the old RDP, which I tested
it against using some hoarded old RDP I've kept in a freezer I bought just
for that purpose. The flesh tones were much closer to the old RDP, but the
whites were blown out--which I attribute to the shortcomings of the old
machine.

It's quite promising. Can't wait to try it in our new machine.

Dave Yoder