Subject: Re: [Leica] Grain creep
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Sun, 05 Sep 1999 16:37:16 -0500

At 08:27 AM 9/5/99 -0400, you wrote:
>in the shadows behind the guy's head, was...grain!
>This was clearly visible at the 13x20 enlargement size. How can this be?

In the shadows, there will be more grain, less exposure, fewer pieces of
silver exposed. Remember, grain is actually the light that comes between
the grains in the film, not the grains themselves (clouds of dye in the
final color negative and slide).

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO

http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

    My best work is often almost unconscious and occurs ahead of my ability
to understand it. -Sam Abell; "Stay This Moment"