Subject: Re: [Leica] R8 winder woes.
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Sun, 05 Sep 1999 17:06:01 -0500

At 05:04 PM 9/5/99 -0300, you wrote:
>I think the R8's are sensitive in this area,
>as well as the contacts on the back door.  If either are not making good
>contact, the camera fails.

Well, actually, the camera doesn't fail if the back contacts don't connect
right, if you are in DX and don't need to see the frame counter outside the
viewfinder. Every once in a while I just run my fingers over the contacts
as I'm loading film and that avoids the problem. I also knock the dust out
of the holes the contacts go in. No more problem. Later R8s, I hear have
been given more pressure on the contacts.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO

http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

    My best work is often almost unconscious and occurs ahead of my ability
to understand it. -Sam Abell; "Stay This Moment"