Subject: Re: [Leica] R8 winder woes.
From: "James Harrison" <leica@wf.net>
Date: Sun, 5 Sep 1999 14:02:38 -0500

Sorry to hear about your problems;;;this and other stories make me lean
toward buying either a second R-7, or even an old M6 for field use.  I am a
Crime Scene Photographer, and couldn't afford this type of mishaps;;cheers;
and good light; jh>BTW, I just picked up a DEMO 180f2, but the diaphragm was
slow to close. Either
>dried lube or a weak spring. I sent it into Leica NJ where they specked it
as a
>3 hour bench job (covered by warranty) and turn around would be SIX weeks,
>though they would expedite to THREE weeks.
>
>The thought of being without my R8 and winder for 6 weeks makes me hesitant
>send it in to Leica.
>
>Regards,
>
>Dave Strang
>dstrang@up.net