Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica R vs. Contax SLR lenses
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Sat, 04 Sep 1999 19:56:37 -0500

At 11:26 PM 9/4/99 +0200, you wrote:
>One of these is the continuation of the R line, but from what I was told
>by someone in Solms, "without major developments to be expected in the
>next couple of years", apart from the motordrive (ha) and some new lenses.

That was a year ago. A half year before I was told two years. So we seem to
sort of be in synch. Though I really wish to hear what new lenses they
might mean! I'm hoping for a 90 Summicron Apo ASPH, a 28 or 24 Summicron.
The former would be my choice since I already have the 19, and it's so good
it doesn't need updating. Though I'd like a different set of filters.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO

http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

    My best work is often almost unconscious and occurs ahead of my ability
to understand it. -Sam Abell; "Stay This Moment"