Subject: Re: [Leica] Which seperate meter?
From: InfinityDT@aol.com
Date: Sat, 4 Sep 1999 14:36:21 EDT

ewelch@ponyexpress.net writes:

<< At 09:25 AM 9/4/99 -0800, you wrote:
 >does any one have any preferences, not only in terms of brands, but also
 >regarding analogue/digital meters.

 The two names I put at the top are Minolta and Sekonic. You can't go wrong
 with either one of those. And for what you need, I'd stay away from the top
 of the line.

 Eric Welch
 St. Joseph, MO >>

I have the Sekonic L-408 Multi-meter (incident, 5-deg. spot--a nice adjunct
to the Leica's not-so-narrow angle, ambi and flash).  Does it all, fairly
light and compact (no studio-type rotating incident dome on top), takes 1 AA
battery, and is moisture-resistant.   The L308BII is another good one, really
small, but it lacks the narrow-angle spotmeter.  Another really good meter
and less expensive than the Sekonics is the Polaris.  It's also an
ambient/flash incident/reflected type.  I had one I bought for $100 used,
lost it somewhere on my last trip : > (

DT