Subject: [Leica] To sell or not to sell
From: Alastair Firkin <firkin@netconnect.com.au>
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 1999 22:13:01 +1000

G'day Greg,

Well, I'm off to Henry V tommorow so the subject caught my eye. As does
your name. In Australia, you are one of the most elegant and dominant
sportspersons of the last 20 years. As for selling, you will of course
regret it, but your ideas are sound. I used the M6 and its mid range lenes
with a Viso 3 and 65 for 2 years, ignoring my SLR, and like you suggest, I
never really missed the later, but I've strayed into the R8 and the 100
macro, and though I love the 65 [it is a fantastic lens], the 100 macro is
just something else. It has a quality of its own, and my flower photos have
never looked any sharper or brighter.

Every dog has its day, and though the M6 and Viso can make an awesome
combination, the SLR will have some advantages, and sentiment should play a
role for those of us lucky enough to enjoy it ;-)

Cheers

Alastair Firkin