Subject: [Leica] SEC: UNCLASSIFIED A Leica Moment
From: "Dykstra, Rick" <Rick.Dykstra@cbr.defence.gov.au>
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 1999 11:17:37 +1000

A Leica moment.

My sister rang yesterday to say that the parcel of birthday presents for her
two young children had arrived. We spoke about Oma and Opa's impending visit
to see my young son (their third grandchild) who is almost walking, and my
wife and I.  Oma will be keen to show how she is getting on with her Minilux
with which she is so far very happy.

Once on the subject of photography, my sister mentioned that one of her
friends from mother's group who has often commented on the beauty of the
'renaissance painting' which graced the lounge room suddenly realised that
the subject, a little boy sleeping with two of his teddy bears, was my
sister's son.

The 'painting' was made by candlelight with my M6 at 1 second and Noctilux
at f1 on Fuji Reala, using tripod and cable release. Focussing on my nephews
closed eyelids was possible using the rangefinder, but I think would have
been impossible with an SLR.

I like the photo too. It was one of the first I took with my then new M6 and
Noctilux, and will be hard for me to beat.

Rick.