Subject: Re: [Leica] To sell or not to sell
From: Nathan Wajsman <nathan.wajsman@euronet.be>
Date: Thu, 02 Sep 1999 21:25:37 +0200

Greg,

I have a similar situation with my Pentax AF SLR and some lenses (although the
amount of money involved is less). I think the last time I used it was in April.
Now that I have the Leicaflex and the 60mm macro, the main justification for
hanging on to the Pentax is gone and I am selling it.

Nathan

"Greg.Chappell" wrote:

> Please forgive my ignorance in filling everyone's in-box up! Here's my
> message in a little bit more condensed fashion.

> ______________
>
> I am at a crossroads. For several years I used a Nikon F3 system
> exclusively. I easily have equipment I could probably realize $1,500 to
> $2,000 or possibly a little more. I have now been using a extensive "M"
> outfit for almost a year & do not see using the Nikon gear much, if at all.
> I have not even opened the bag since May & I had the F3 CLA'd in January, so
> it would be a good time to sell it if I'm going to. I do not do sports or
> wildlife photography, so I really do not need the long lenses for much of
> anything. I have occasionally used the close-up capabilities for copying old
> photos and photographing stationary objects (Wildflowers in the spring,
> etc.) but I feel like I might be better served in picking up a Visoflex III
> & maybe a 65 and/or 200 lens & bellows to use with mainly my M6, or
> sometimes the M4 for those very few times I do those things. For the 4 or 5
> times a year I would do that, wouldn't it work as well?
>
> I know there are probably several others in the same type situation & I have
> been tossing this idea back & forth for several weeks. I think that somehow
> I am sentimentally tied to this old equipment & if I just did it (sold it) I
> would probably feel a lot better.
>
> Greg

- --
Nathan Wajsman