Subject: Re: [Leica] WAS: [w/Leica!] LEGAL STUFF
From: Dave Yoder <leica@home.com>
Date: Wed, 01 Sep 1999 21:39:30 -0700

First, the movies are not real life. Please understand that. The movies always
treat the media terribly. That argument should get the same response as Newt
Gingrich's proposal to bring back orphanages because the kids were all happy in
the movie "Boy's Town."

In my one law class in journalism school they talked about the Lindburg case,
and the textbook--and the teacher--said there were no cameras allowed in the
courtroom during that trial, and that the recriminations against photographers
came afterwards, in cartoons and other dramatizations that depicted the press as
having gone crazy.
That's what they taught me at Indiana U. (stomping ground of Ernie Pyle).
Myself, I've heard of such terrible conduct at that trial but I've never
actually seen a picture taken from inside the courtroom. Has anyone else, or did
I receive shoddy education?

Dave Yoder

Eric Welch wrote:

What killed cameras in the courtroom in the US for so many years was at the
Lindburg baby kidnapping trial when a photographer jumped over the bar to