Subject: Re: [Leica] R Superwide Questions
From: MSwiek@aol.com
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 1999 13:45:28 EDT

Hi Bud,

I, too, have used both the older 19 and the 21/4.  Both provide stunning
results.  In one of Jim Lager's lens books he notes that the earlier 19 at
the time when it was designed was considered to be a "classic" or "landmark"
lens or something to that effect.  I don't have the exact quote or reference
at hand.  The new 19 takes advantage of all the modern technology and has
better contrast and better edge sharpness ---but at a price.  My favorite is
the 21/4 because it is smaller than the older 19 and provides wonderful
pictures.

Mike Swiek