Subject: RE: [Leica] WAS: I've seen the Bokeh! NOW: WHY LEICA?
From: "Greg.Chappell" <Greg.Chappell@bankofamerica.com>
Date: Wed, 01 Sep 1999 12:05:51 -0500

Why Leica?

I have owned most every focal length I currently have with Leica in the
Nikon range, so I can basically take the SAME pictures with a Nikon as I can
with a Leica. I have Leica now for three reasons;

SIZE- The approximate same size Leica and Nikon systems (body, lenses) is
significantly smaller and lighter with Leica. My right shoulder used to be a
few inches lower than the left side after hauling my slr bag around for an
afternoon & my camera goes with me EVERYWHERE, EVERY DAY.

RANGEFINDER FOCUSING- I take a lot of available light indoor pictures &
really like the advantages of being able to focus a 21mm lens as easy as a
50 or 90 lens. Try doing that manually with a Nikon or any comparable MF SLR
system.

QUITE SIMPLY, I'VE ALWAYS WANTED ONE!- I would venture a guess that anyone
who shoots seriously at all would after picking one up at a dealer & playing
with it for a few minutes.
They make you want to take better pictures, and that is why I think I do a
better job of that now with my M6 and M4.