Subject: Re: [Leica] fb vs rc
From: "Dan Post" <dwpost@email.msn.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 1999 12:03:16 -0400

Guy-
If you go to the photo store, where they sell the paper, usually, unless
someone scarfs it up, there is a book that has sample photos on the
different types and grades of papers- Kodak has one, Ilford, and Agfa used
to have one. Pick a paper you like and try to stick with it.
Ilford is good in that the Multigrade emulsions are some very consistent
between surfaces- except their warmtone seems slower.
Ilford has come a long way in removing the variableness of photographic
paper- If you used a fiber based multigrade, I am sure that using the RC
will pose no major obstacles for you at all.
I use RC for 'proofing' and checking prints, but I too like the substance of
the fiber based paper!
In fact, I used to love Agfa Brovira- it had a clove like scent, and there
was always that 'rush' opening a new pack and smelling the spicy aroma, and
feeling the anticipation of what might turn out!
Dan